Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Paper Kites-Bloom






Today I heard a song and as its soft acoustic melody wrapped around my imagination, my mind started running wild. A whirlwind of ideas came to me and I started to think. I pictured a world at dusk with dancing lights and flickering fireflies racing past me as I sat in the cool grass just completely embraced in wonderment.  There was a hill to the right of me, blanketed with flowers and dandelions.  The fragrance was sweet and enveloped me when the flowing breeze kissed my cheeks. On the left there was a gigantic tree canopied with lanterns, ablaze with soft glowing, twinkling flames resting inside of them.
I saw people dancing barefoot under the blazing stars in the distance, laughing as they spun each other in cotton sundresses  and button up shirts. This song, this entanglement of enchanting sounds gently wafted threw the cool air, reminding me of everything beautiful in my crazy "midterm" filled world. Hearing this song just might have been the best thing about my day. Thank you music, for making my world that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment